As life gets back to normal and events and get-togethers resume, @Sandton Hotel Banqueting Manager Ryan Myburgh shares the biggest trends he’s seeing in this space – and how the property is perfectly placed to meet every expectation.
“It’s clear that people want to get back to socialising, exploring, and, of course, having fun!” says Ryan. “However, many are looking for a more intimate affair when it comes to a birthday celebration, kiddie’s party or even a small dinner amongst friends. Sharing a delectable meal with the ones closest to you at a restaurant of your choice is an event trend that’s never out of style!”
The corporate sector is still extremely cautious, says Ryan, and even though many prefer a hybrid conference, some delegates want to take the opportunity and take a break from working at home.
“Roadshows are a huge trend at the moment,” he says. “A quick and effective event to showcase what is new and happening with your brand or within your organisation. I believe that due to COVID-19 many companies have not had the opportunity to showcase all their new offerings and this is a great way to captivate your team and clientele.”
“And let’s not forget a glamorous cocktail – an absolute buzzer for networking and socialising over a glass or two of vino!”
And, now that we have your attention, let’s showcase @Sandton Hotel and its facilities a little! Whatever your eventing need, our dedicated banqueting team is ready to help make your dream event a reality.
- Our modern club house has picturesque views and is ideal for an afternoon drink and platter amongst friends.
- The Tasting Room is completely private and is an experience on its own, accommodating 10 guests comfortably.
- We have four boardrooms that can host between 8 and 14 delegates, fully-equipped with smart interactive TV’s and hybrid conferencing technology. For presentations to a larger audience, the 80-seater auditorium is also available.
- And last, but not least, the ballroom is a gorgeous and versatile venue that can easily be configured for gala dinners, cocktails or team building sessions.
Winter Conferencing Special
@Sandton Hotel is running a fantastic conferencing special until the end of August, at a rate of R550 per person for a full day conference. It includes:
- Use of venue for a maximum of 8 hours (08h00 – 17h00)
- Dedicated Banqueting Team
- Arrival, mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea/coffee break with snacks
- Chefs Choice Buffet/Set Menu lunch
- Notepads/ pens
- Bottled Water
- Screen & Projector
- Ample secure parking